Saturday, June 30, 2007
So Firefall turned into waterfall. Just when we were loading up the van to go, they stopped letting people in. Something about tornados and severe storms, whatever. Jen and I were beyond disappointed but we still had a fun night having an indoor picnic. The people watching was rather limited from my living room but there is always next year.
Friday, June 22, 2007
We spent the day in K.C. with Tom and Laura who were filing their orphan petition at immigration. 2 wonderful things transpired during our day trip.
1. We went to a Forever 21 that had kid's clothes. Most of them were half off. It was great.
2. Much like our fellow bloggers who ran into Paul Rudd on the Plaza, we met up with none other than Dave Coulier (a.k.a. Joey Gladstone) in a crosswalk by J.Crew. Oh, yes we did. It was a fast passing and I didn't get a chance to ask him if there was any truth to the rumor about the Alanis Morisette song. Maybe next time.
Thursday, June 21, 2007
We close in a month. It really was a miracle that we got the contract. I'm so excited about moving and I love, love, love the house but it's all a little bittersweet. We bought our current house when I was still a teenager. Matt (with the help of many friends) added on to it when Lucy was born. I do love it here, the neighbors, the bus stop in the front yard, my walk in closet. However, with 3 growing children, no back yard, and our desire to entertain more than 4 people at a time.......you get the idea. So, if you know anyone looking for a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home in this great neighborhood of ours, let us know!
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Friday, June 08, 2007
Tuesday, June 05, 2007
There are a whole bunch of stupid tattoos out there. The cartoon characters, I saw a Care Bear on a woman's arm the other day. Seriously. The Chinese characters that they fail to research. Oh, they think it says love & peace. Then the waitress at their favorite Chinese restaurant can't stop snickering and blushing when she sees it. I do think my all time favorite bad tattoos are the ones of celebrities. I mean seriously, how much do you have to love a celeb to get their likeness permanently inked on your body? Take a look at these....
Saturday, June 02, 2007
1. We started out the weekend with a tour of the fish hatchery at the dam. Thank you to Lisa C. for telling us about it!
2. Slumber party in the bunk beds.
3.& 4. Lisa's biscuits and gravy al fresco.
5. Matt apologizing to Ashley.
6. Don't 4 year olds give great makeovers?
7.& 8. Watching the kids tube.
9. Pretty Cindy.
10. Ollie contemplating his first boat ride.
11. Ollie sleeping through his first boat ride.
13. Cute couple.
14. Ollie wasn't the only one sleeping on the boat.
15.& 16. Happy first anniversary to Bryan and Holly!!!
18. Believe it or not, this was actually written on our table by a previous customer. Weird.
20. He'll do anything for the perfect shot.
Thank you so much to the Wisons for such a wonderful weekend at the lake. We love you!