Monday, October 27, 2008

Palin power


So we get to the Sarah Palin rally around 8:30. We pass through security around 9 and we get a great spot by the stage. It's freezing so Tiffany and I spend the next 2 hours dancing to keep warm. There was music playing and we were standing right by a speaker so I'm sure we didn't look too weird. We are then treated to a concert by the Pierce Arrow Theater quartet. Awesome. The local Republicans running for office gave their speeches. Then it happened....one of the greatest surprises of my life. The MC says "Please welcome Naomi Judd." What!!?? I had no idea she was going to be there! I lose it at this point, I'm so excited! Tiffany and Rob have never heard of her so I'm trying to tell them who she is. I just love the Judds. I've read Naomi's autobiography and I have her cook book and I've seen the T.V. movie and I love their music. I mean really, who doesn't love their music? That's a rhetorical question. So she gives this great intoduction then Sarah comes on and does her thing. She was amazing. Then she walks around the stage to sign autographs followed by her daughters and Naomi. It was such a fun morning. Shout out to Chad for keeping all 4 kids for 5 hours so we could go. Thanks so much.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Love can build a bridge!

Hillenblog said...

I think it's Naomi Jugg not Judd...because they were called the Jugg's.

Also Scott Mills was security for Naomi or Winona at the fair one year...and I think rode the Ferris wheel with her...or something like that. Scott? wanna tell the Jugg's fair story?

Anonymous said...

I was Wy's (that is what her close friends call her) body guard for the day. Walked her around the fair grounds while she road rides with the Lowe's sisters from Branson. 6 red heads walking around the fair was not easy to blend in to the crowd. Bought lunch and went back to see her new bus. Spent about 30 minutes sitting and talking on the bus. They were so new and she was so excited. Before I left, she asked me if I wanted her autograph. I will show you picture sometime.

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for these pics, woohoo!

htuck

Anonymous said...

We had fun too. We'll stop by and discuss it sometime. Did you guys get pom poms? We have plenty leftover incase Maggie and Lucy want some.

Anonymous said...

I made it on a blog that wasn't my Dad's!