Sunday, September 30, 2007

Please pray

Many of you have met my friend Linette. Her daughter Hannah was adopted from China and they are in the process of adopting a second child. Here is the e-mail she sent out:

It with a heavy heart, I write this email. I have tears rolling down my face because I'm not sure where to begin. My mind is going in a million different directions, so please bear with me.
Yesterday Scott took me to the emergency room with severe abdominal pain and lower back pain. After a long day and many tests, the doctor told us they found a large mass in my uterus and several other small tumors on the female organs. He said - We're 'fairly certain' this is cancer. Even though this is all very hard to swallow, we believe God can give us a miracle. We don't serve a God that is "fairly certain" about anything. He is an awesome God and we're putting all of our trust and faith in Him at this time. The plan is I will be admitted to St John's Hospital in Springfield tomorrow with surgery on Tuesday so they can take the mass out and determine whether it's benign or malignant. We're very scared but like I said- we're putting all our trust and hope in Jesus Christ. I have a beautiful family I love more than anything and I'm asking all of you to be there for them this week. For those of you close to Scott, he's going to need your support in the days ahead. For those of you with a special place in your heart for our sweet Hannah, we need you to be there for her this week. We're going to try to keep things as normal as possible for her. That's so much easier said than done but we're going to try. Please ask everyone you know to pray for healing and for the doctors this week. We believe in the power of prayer. So, after you read this email get on your knees and PRAY!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will certainly be praying for Linette and her family.
Grandma Janet

Anonymous said...

I don't know your friend, Linette, but she sounds like a very special lady. Please tell her I will be lifting her up in prayer. I am so sorry about her illness. Cancer is very scary, but God will give her grace to do what she must do. I speak from experience. He is so GOOD! AN AWESOME GOD!!
Hillengrandma

Anonymous said...

Rachel, Today is Tues. Will you please give us an update when you know anything about Linette. I have been praying for her and her surgeon, also her husband and baby.
Hillengrandma