Tuesday, January 29, 2008

my day doing nothing

Last night, the new baby tried to make an early appearance. After lots of medicine and 5 hours of one-on-one time with my midwife (who I think should moonlight as a therapist), I was ordered to spend the day in bed. I cannot remember the last responsibility free day I had. It was great! My mom and her sister came over to help with the kids. We had both lunch and dinner delivered to us by kind family members. I chatted on the phone, gave the girls manicures and pedicures, caught up on my e-mail, made a few to-do lists, and played Farkel. I think it would get old quick but one day of bed rest was heavenly!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gracious! I hope you are ok. Do you get to get out of bed tomorrow?

ToyHelen said...

Sweetie, if you need something you holler....or better yet, if you WANT something!!!

Anonymous said...

That goes for me too! No kids for me unless you count my new husband so I'm a great runner or take your kids and entertain them for a while person.

Sarah

rachel said...

Oh, you all are so sweet! I'm doing much better now and I'm on a bunch of medication to prevent any more pre term junk. Thanks for all the offers of help!