Tuesday, February 05, 2008

why we blog

Welcome Jenny to the blogosphere. I laughed out loud several times perusing your new blog. Andrea, congratulations on 2 years of blogging. Your blog is one of my favorites. Always witty and updated regularly, I like that in a blog. I've been thinking lately about why I blog. My reasons for doing it are so different from the motivators that got me started a year and a half ago. My number one goal is to keep Ollie's foster parents updated on him. We e-mail back and forth but there is a bit of a language barrier and they always say they love seeing the pictures of him on here. I have a large amount of family that reads this. I had no idea of this until my grandpa's funeral last July. I love that my second cousins and relatives near and far can easily catch up on our lives. I just wish you guys would comment once in awhile....you all know who you are! So....tell me...why do you blog? Or...why don't you blog?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do read your blogs...I love to look at the kids pictures and see what's going on with you. I will try and comment more instead of being a looky-lou only!! By the way, you have beautiful kids!!

One of the 2nd cousins,

Patty

Unknown said...

I've resisted the blogging community for a while for a few reasons:
1) I am hesitant to let people "in" or join the crowd
2) Writing is such a personal thing - sharing it could open you up to embarrassment, regret, etc.
3) People can be so critical...
4) Nothing interesting to share

However, winter nights have gotten pretty long at the library. I needed something to keep me busy, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. It's been kind of fun, and so much easier to keep up with than a journal or baby book.

Anonymous said...

your song is actually sung by nat king cole...not frank.

Anonymous said...

i don't comment much,but i do read everyone's blog daily. i feel as a supervisor of a computer lab it is my duty do keep up with blogs.

i blog to kill time, make people laugh, vent, stir some commotion, give opinions, get opinions, etc, BUT most of all, i blog b/c its cool and everybody is doing it...

Anonymous said...

I do love to read your blog. Your kids are too cute for words. You are so creative! The pictures of your house and projects and such are adorable. You are sort of a Martha Stewart (without the prison stuff). I think that I can remember sitting by you at a wedding when I was really little. You had on this skirt, I think that it was like a bandana print or something. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I talked about it for weeks and wanted one. Hahaha! Am I imagining things or did you really have some sort of skirt like that? I think it was at Stephanie's wedding...

rachel said...

Lindy- I did have that skirt. It was my absolutely favorite!